In recognition of Veterans Day, Consumer Credit of Minnesota would like to recognize the Veterans Outreach Center. We are very proud to call this agency a partner and would like to thank them for the amazing work they offer the community.
Founded by returning Vietnam Veterans, today’s Veterans Outreach Center remains anchored in our communities and offers a comprehensive portfolio of supportive services designed to meet the needs of veterans and their families. Through the generosity of our communities, all the programs and services are provided free of charge.
- Veterans day deals, discounts, and freebies - https://www.military.com/veterans-day/veterans-day-military-discounts.html
- Veteran Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255 – for 24 hour/7 days a week assistance.
- Veterans are encouraged to contact their closest VA medical facility to enroll for VA healthcare benefits at https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
- Veterans are encouraged to contact the Veterans Benefits Administration at 1-800-827-1000 for information on service-connection claims, appeals, and pension (low income), VA home loan certification, education benefits, and employment services.
- Veterans are encouraged to contact a Peer Specialist at the local VA healthcare facility to assist them with navigating the VA at https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
- Veterans needing local vocational assistance can contact their local VA healthcare facility at https://www.va.gov/find-locations. Chattanooga area Veterans can call Charles Moss at 423-893-6500 ext. 26048.
- The caregiver support program is expanding. Caregivers and Veterans can research more information at https://www.caregiver.va.gov/ or call 1-855-260-3274. Caregivers and Veterans can contact their local VA healthcare facility at https://www.va.gov/find-locations
- Homeless Veterans should call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for assistance.